The .gov means it’s official

Local government websites often end in .gov or .org. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on a LaRue County government site.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Phone: 270-358-3123
Fax: 270-358-5172
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday

The primary mission is the upkeep of the county road system to include drainage, roadway maintenance and snow removal. The road department also inspects new roads, bridges and driveway entrances.


  1. Question: How do I get a driveway/entrance installed, and who pays for it?
    Answer: Call the Road Supervisor He will look at the site and tell you the size of tile needed. The landowner purchases the tile, and the county installs and covers it with rock on the right-of-way.
  2. Question: A road name or stop sign is missing. Who do I report it to?
    Answer: Report it to the Road Supervisor. He will send out a sign crew to repair or replace the problem. It is important to report a missing name/stop sign as soon as possible. Emergency personnel rely on them.
  3. Question: What is the right-of-way on a county road?
    Answer: On most county roads, it is 15 feet from the center of the road. On newly adopted county roads or in subdivisions, it is 20 feet from the center of the road.
  4. Question: Why do you spread rock on a paved road?
    Answer: It is called chip seal. We spray a coat of oil on the road and cover it with rock. This is done to seal the cracked areas from water and freezing which damage the roadway.
  5. Question: My mailbox/driveway is rutted or muddy. What do I do?
    Answer: Call and report it to the Road Supervisor. We will place rock around the mailbox or in the driveway to the right-of-way.