The .gov means it’s official

Local government websites often end in .gov or .org. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on a LaRue County government site.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Contact: Jill Gray (Solid Waste Coordinator)
Phone: 270-234-6619 or 270-358-9903
Email: [email protected]
Office hours in the Courthouse are 8:00AM-4:30PM, Mon-Fri

Effective immediately and indefinitely, the Renaissance Recycling Center will close to public drop-offs. Our recycling trailers will be as conveniently located as possible to facilitate 24-7 public drop-offs. Locations of the three trailers are listed below, and they will be used starting August 1, 2023. We ask to please sort your recyclable material as indicated on the trailer so we can better manage processing the recyclables with a reduced labor force. Business pickups will also be suspended other than pre-baled cardboard.

Hodgenville – LaRue County Courthouse lower parking lot – 209 West High Street Hodgenville, KY 42748

Buffalo – Buffalo Fire Department – 2619 Greensburg Rd, Buffalo, KY 42716

Magnolia – Old School Market – 9050 New Jackson Hwy, Magnolia, KY 42757


  1. Question: Who will pick up my garbage and how do I contact them?
    Answer: For the City of Hodgenville, the hauler is Rumpke of KY. (270-765-2427). For LaRue County, the hauler is Republic Services (270-234-9278).
  2. Question: What am I allowed to burn?
    Answer: You are allowed to burn branches, leaves and brush between 6pm and 6am. When planning a controlled burn, please call a dispatcher at 270-358-3013, and let them know prior to burning.
  3. Question: Does my trash have to put in trash bags?
    Answer: Yes! Local and state laws require all solid waste to be properly bagged prior to disposal.
  4. Question: What can be recycled in LaRue County?
    Answer: Plastics Nos. 1-7 with a neck smaller than the base, cardboard/paperboard, office paper (MOP), newspapers, junk magazines, and steel/aluminum cans can be recycled.
  5. Question: Can I do anything about my neighbor and all his/her junk cars and/or trash?
    Answer: There is a nuisance ordinance for both the city and the county. For more details or to lodge a complaint, contact the Solid Waste Coordinator using the email listed above.